Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Repurposing

Re-purposing. Recycling. Reusing.

I'm a thrifter. I buy from them and sell at them. I probably save too much but I'm not a hoarder. Trust me. I watch those hoarding shows. I'm not that! I use my old socks with holes in them as dusting rags. I reuse my dryer sheets a few times to get the most use out of them. I reuse glass jars to store fabric swatches, buttons or paperclips.

Heck I've even gotten my son into the swing of things! He hates it when I put old pieces of paper in the recycle bin.  "Mom, you can use that corner to write notes on. Don't throw that out!" 

Yup. That's my boy!!

He even has his own line of recycled products. Like me, he loves to craft so I'm always looking for boy crafts. Harder than it sounds!  So instead of making little trinkets, I teach him how to take old things and make them into something new and cool!  RE-PURPOSING!

Plus, any money he makes at our craft shows, he puts half in savings & he gets to spend the other half. I'm encouraging charity giving and will discuss that next time.

Our first project we did was to make new crayons out of old ones.

And this is where i pause the posting.....


Yup. I'm accident prone. I truly believe it runs in the family. Right mom?! Well, about 2 weeks ago, I took a digger head first into the snow-slash-frozen ground ..... while sledding ...... and tore the ligaments & muscles in my neck.  Can you touch your chin to your chest? Ok now bend down so your chin is almost between your boobs. Now touch your chin to your chest. Ouch.


I'll admit. I'm not in the best shape of my life. I just started running/walking to loose some extra 'baggage' and I have Jillian Michaels 'torture' dvd's I was going to start doing again to stretch & grow my muscles. Is that called ironic? Or just murphy's law.....


It's a slow healing process. I've torn ligaments in my ankle & was in a walking cast for 6 weeks. No cast for the neck. I'm finally back to work full-time but today I'm very sore. Left work early & haven't moved from the couch but only to let the dog out & feed her. She doesn't understand.

This is how I felt today


So back to my *pause*. I'll take pics tonight as I can & tomorrow and finish the post on how to make recycled crayons .... AND fire starters!

But for now, count your blessings, be thankful for your health and Happy Blessings!