Monday, January 16, 2012

Household tips

I have this really cool project I wanted to share a tutorial with you but I guess life had other plans this weekend. (on bed rest till my neck heals so no sewing for a little bit)



This whole blog thing is new to me but I'm definitely enjoying it! Right now it's kinda scattered: just writing things I want to share. While laying up this week I'm trying to come up with goals of what I want to accomplish with my blog so I hope you'll stick around!

In the mean time, I got some inspiration for this week's post from a new show that debuted this week called "Revolution" on ABC. Here are some tips taken from their first show, and some of my own.

I'd love to hear some of your tips that work for you!

baking soda & a raw potato take rust off of pots & pans
baby oil (or vegetable oil) takes off store stickers on your new items
smooth peanut butter gets 'rid' of scratches in cd's & dvd's. spread a thin layer on starting in the middle and working your way out, then buff off.
to clean and sharpen a coffee grinder, grind a cup or so of rice
boil a bowl of water in the microwave for about 5 minutes then immediately wipe out the stuck on food
use empty toilet paper rolls to start seedlings, then plant the whole thing outside in your garden
WD40 takes off tar splatters on your car
keep a pretty basket on top of your dryer. When you empty the dryer, put your used dryer sheets in the basket. Next time you dry clothes reuse the older ones till they're thin (2-3 uses but don't count, you'll go crazy!)

(Some of these tips were taken from Ty Pennington's new show called Revolution. Some were just stumbled upon while searching the net and some I've just grown up with or discovered on my own.)

♥ Happy Blessings! ♥